Under the direction of the Dentistry Administrative Supervisor, the Patient Services Coordinator is responsible for providing exemplary customer service, patient registration & documentation, appointment scheduling, managing patient flow, collection of daily cash, and opening and closing the receptionist station daily. The schedule for this position includes 8-hour shifts between 9 am and 7 pm on weekdays as well as Saturdays (8-1), as needed.
1. Provide excellent customer service
- Greet each client with a smile and welcoming, professional manner
- Log information on calls received, where required and maintains detailed and accurate records
- At all times maintain patient confidentiality, speak in quiet tones at the desk with colleagues and clients and behave appropriately for a highly visible position response to inquiries)
- Be discrete when obtaining sensitive information from clients
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner
2. Accurately perform registration process for new and existing patients
- Accurately register and enter new patient demographic data and insurance information in system
- Verify existing patients’ demographic data and insurance information at each visit accurately record and enter any changes received
- Check Eligibility with insurance and calculate accurate co-pays
- Collect co-payments and agreed fees at check in
3. Schedule appointments according to the patient’s needs and provider availability
4. Collection of daily cash and audit procedures
- Collect client payments and record in a timely and accurate manner
- Verify all transactions at the end of the day and report all discrepancies
- Run daily reports in a timely manner and according to written guidelines
5. Meets agency participatory expectation
6. Performs other related job duties as required
- Minimum of high school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of business procedures including cash handling experience desired
- Excellent computer skills, including Dentrix and Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to work with a diverse patient population
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Availability on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday evenings until 7 pm.
- Availability on Saturdays from 8 am to 1 pm.
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with colleagues, patients, clients and vendors across the spectrum of diversity, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, national origin and immigrant status, religious or spiritual identity, disability (physical, mental, emotional and developmental), veteran status, and/or limited English proficiency.
- Willingness to contribute towards Fenway’s efforts in becoming an anti-racist organization and promoting a culture dedicated to ongoing development in service of humility, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging, where differences are acknowledged and valued.
Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Sit at a computer station for extended periods of time
- Ability to keyboard for extended periods of time
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 12 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more. LGBTQIA+ identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), and individuals from other historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Internal ID: DEN-23-FT-1