Apply Here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1180045/Fenway-Health/Medical-Director-OBGYN
The Fenway Health OB/GYN division seeks to meet the healthcare needs of all individuals who identify as women and/or were assigned female at birth including lesbians, bisexual and transgender women, people who identify as gender nonbinary, and people on the transmasculine spectrum. The goals of the program are:
- To create a welcoming space where all patients are encouraged to be active participants in their healthcare
- To serve a community of individuals with diverse and dynamic sexual and gender identities and expressions
- To improve people’s health and wellbeing by providing comprehensive care, education, outreach, and advocacy, as well as by participating in research
- To re-evaluate the effectiveness of traditional models of health care delivery and continuously explore new opportunities to enhance the quality of the care we give.
- To provide comprehensive OB/GYN care from puberty through menopause in addition to alternate insemination and gender affirming surgery.
Reporting to the Director of Medical Services, the OB/GYN Medical Director will oversee all aspect of the OB/Gyn Division, AI, Reproductive Health, QI, Community outreach and engagement, and education of medical students, PA, NP and residents. We are looking for an experienced OB/GYN Physician to lead this program and see pts clinically at Fenway Health. There is also the option of covering labor and delivery at BIDMC and doing gynecologic surgery at BIDMC.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
A. OB/GYN Medical Director(.5FTE)
- Oversees the Reproductive Health Equity Specialist. This includes but is not limited:
- Annual Audre Lorde Cancer Awareness Brunch
- Reproductive Health outreach events
- Macro social work field placement program
2. Oversees the following clinical programs:
- Contraceptive Care-Upstream
- Reproductive Health
- Clinical work at BIDMC done by FH OB/GYN providers. Collaborates with the Chair of OB/GYN at BIDMC to support the mission of BIDMC and Fenway Health.
3. Supports, together with the Director of Quality Improvement and the Medical Director, continuous quality improvement initiatives relating to OB/GYN services, including but not limited to:
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Alternative Insemination
- Family Planning
- Gynecology care provided by primary care providers at Fenway Health
4. Works closely with Medical Department and Fenway Health leadership around interdisciplinary OB/GYN health themes, including but not limited to intersectionality of OB/GYN with all of the following:
- medical education
- health advocacy
- biomedical/psychosocial/population research
- behavioral health
- transgender health
- racial/ethnic equity and justice
- clinical computing and health data management
- Assists Medical Department leadership with OB/GYN health provider recruitment and retention efforts
5. Evaluates the job performance of, provides personal and written reviews of, and recommends appropriate personnel actions for all providers in the OB/GYN division
6. Collaborates with Medical Department and Fenway Health leadership on the strategic planning, development, and marketing of OB/GYN health services and programs.
7. Serves as ambassador for the Fenway Health OB/GYN Health Program in an internal and external capacity by doing all of the following
- Attends local and national meetings and conferences
- Collaborates with other LGBTQ/women’s health experts
- Attends Fenway Health and other fundraising events
- Meets with potential donors/grantors in order to support new program initiatives
8. Attends and/or leads the following meetings:
- OB/GYN Monthly General Meeting
- OB/GYN Monthly Clinical Meeting
- Quality Council Monthly Meeting
- Clinical Committee Monthly Meeting
- Medical Department Staff Monthly Meeting
- BI-Monthly Supervision Meeting with CMO
- Monthly meetings with all of their supervises
9. Works with finance:
- to develop an annual budget for the department
- to review revenue and expenses monthly
- to provide fair and competitive salaries and incentives for the providers.
B. Clinical – OB/GYN Provider (.5)
- Provides direct OB/GYN services to Fenway patients
- Provides psychosocial screening and evaluation to Fenway patients
- Participates in health center quality improvement efforts
- Provides appropriate and timely documentation of clinical work
- Provides and maintains credentials to practice medicine
- Continues professional development activities
- Meets agency participatory expectations
- Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse setting is required
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals is required
- At least 5 years of experience working in an OB/Gyn clinical setting .
- At least two years of experience in community health and/or LGBTQ care is preferred
- At least two years of experience working in a clinical leadership role.
- Demonstrated experience in all of the following is preferred
- Strategic development
- Program development
- Project management
- Quality improvement
- Teaching, mentoring, and supervision
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- OSHA Category 1: involves exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues
- Physical Requirements
- Regularly required: sitting; using hands to manipulate objects/tools/controls; reaching with hands and arms; talking; hearing
- Frequently required: lifting and/or moving up to 10 lbs.
- Occasional required: lifting and/or moving up to 25 lbs.
- Vision abilities required: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision depth perception, ability to adjust focus
3. Noise Level: usually quiet
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 12 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more.
LGBTQIA+ identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), and individuals from other historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.