Apply Here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1139186/Fenway-Health/Helpdesk-Supervisor
Under the supervision of the Manager of I.T., the Helpdesk Supervisor supervises the day to day operations of the Fenway Help Desk team. Supporting and coaching staff on effective methods to research, troubleshoot and deliver solutions. The Help Desk Supervisor trains the team on current systems, processes, tools and procedures to document, track and resolve reported problems to meet operational service levels and standards. Additionally the Help Desk Supervisor monitors the ticket que to ensure timely resolution. The Help Desk Supervisor will be the point of escalation for critical issues and facilitates a resolution.
- Manages helpdesk ticketing system
- Manages the help desk que inquiries and assigns them to appropriate helpdesk technicians
- Is a point of contact for ticket escalation, making determination to escalate to appropriate IT Admin staff
- Reports helpdesk performance to Manager of I.T.
- Follows up on end user tickets open in queue past normal completion times
- Coordinates with I.T. Admin staff on large-scale projects and deployments. Assigning tasks to appropriate helpdesk staff to ensure project completion in an efficient manner
- Assists the Manager of IT to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained
2. Provides Fenway Health Staff technical support of desktop computers, laptops, applications and related technology
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software
- Acts as project lead for major Fenway Health initiatives
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems
- Works Manager of IT to both maintain inventory levels as well as new hardware and software request
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases
- Stocks and maintains necessary computer supplies
- Assists in the maintenance and testing of network servers, and associated equipment
- Provide after-hours coverage as necessary
3. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Lead the Helpdesk Team to ensure prompt support and escalation for a wide range of hardware, software, networks, and servers.
- Provide daily oversight, supervision, and prioritization of all Help Desk ticket-based workflow and ongoing project initiatives including resource management
- Provide coaching and disciplinary action with assistance of the Manager of IT
- Resolve daily issues of a complex scope that impact the team and overall business objectives
- Coordinating closely with department supervisors to ensure collaboration between teams
- Attending meetings with product managers before new product rollouts; providing constructive feedback
- Track team performance and ensure that customer service standards are maintained.
4. Meet agency participatory expectations
- Adheres to all agency and departmental policies and procedures
- Participates in quality assessment and improvement activities as requested
- Adheres to the highest principles of patient and client confidentiality
- Adheres to established safety policies, procedures and precautions; identifies potential or actual unsafe situations in the environment and takes measures to rectify the situation
- Attends all required meetings, in-services and professional trainings
- Maintains professional competence necessary to perform job responsibilities; maintains and provides agency with records of continuing education activities
- Serves on agency committees and in professional organizations when requested
5. Perform related duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree or certificate in related field, plus a minimum of two years of related experience required
- Previous experience supervising paid staff and/or interns
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with colleagues, patients, clients and vendors across the spectrum of diversity, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, national origin and immigrant status, religious or spiritual identity, disability (physical, mental, emotional and developmental), veteran status, and/or limited English proficiency.
- Willingness to contribute towards Fenway’s efforts in becoming an anti-racist organization and promoting a culture dedicated to ongoing development in service of humility, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging, where differences are acknowledged and valued.
- Experience with Help Desk ticketing software, managing and prioritizing the ticket que
- Facility with Windows OS, MS Office, Office 365, PC hardware, Cloud applications and printer maintenance
- Active Directory experience with Users, Groups, and Group policy
- Facility with written and verbal technical support
- Excellent training, communication and customer service skills
- Strong organization ability and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, vendors and visitors to facility
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals
- Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred
- Note from a doctor that states you are physically fit to complete the responsibilities of this position according to the job description
- Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Sit at a computer station for extended periods of time
- Ability to keyboard for extended periods of time
- Regularly walk, stand, stoop, climb, kneel and crouch
- Occasionally lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds independently, and rarely objects weighing up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises
- Moderate physical activity
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 12 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more. LGBTQIA+ identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), and individuals from other historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.