We make a difference - in your community and your career.
Seeking a Billing & Insurance Specialist
The Billing & Insurance Specialist will coordinate third party insurance verifications, obtain and track authorizations, oversee clients' self-pay accounts, and update the third party billing office of eligibility changes. The Billing & Insurance Specialist will also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as answering telephones and screening and directing calls appropriately.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Verifies insurance coverage for new clients referred to the program and sends insurance eligibility information to the Billing Department.
- Obtains authorizations for treatment for new clients as needed and enters them into the billing system.
- Tracks and follows up on insurance authorizations working with clinical staff to assure that necessary paperwork is submitted in a timely manner to extend treatment authorizations.
- Processes changes in clients’ insurance eligibility by updating the Billing Department of changes and obtaining new authorizations for treatment as needed.
- Works with clients, administrative staff, and clinical staff to resolve issues in clients’ self-pay accounts. Assists clients to complete or amend financial agreements and payments plans.
- Serves as a liaison between the program and the Billing Department (e.g. troubleshoots billing denials by providing the Billing Department with needed information).
Schedule: Full- time, 40 hour work week. Monday- Friday 9am - 5pm.
Pay Rate: $21.63/ hour
Why You'll Love Riverside
We make a true difference in people’s lives through rewarding work. Most of our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, numerous professional development opportunities, and generous time off - all in a respectful and inclusive environment, perhaps why Forbes named Riverside a best-in-state employer!
- Comprehensive, high-quality health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Flexible Spending Accounts – both medical and dependent care
- Eleven paid holidays
- Separate accruals for vacation (increases with tenure), personal, and sick time
- Tax-deferred 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Employee Assistance Plan / Travel Assistance Plan
- Employee bonus for referrals resulting in hiring
- Discounts to movie theaters, sporting, and entertainment events
- Employee YMCA discount: 10% off a YMCA monthly membership and 50% off the joiner’s fee
Learn more about our benefits and culture:
Hear what employees think about working for Riverside!
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Intermediate computer fluency, including Microsoft Office
- High School diploma required; Bachelors degree preferred.
- One year experience working with insurance and billing issues in a human services or health care setting
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to respect, integrity and engagement of all individuals. We are committed to building an inclusive and culturally competent organization and we value the richness of having a diverse applicant pool. As an employer committed to equal opportunity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.