Exciting opportunity to join Riverside Community Care as an Education Coordinator!
The Education Coordinator reports to Program Director of Family Networks and coordinates the education plans for children who are involved with the Department of Children and Families (DCF). The Education Coordinator will work on a Lead Agency contract and act as liaison between the client’s assigned local educational agency (LEA), school systems, group care placements, families and DCF.
This Education Coordinator will:
- attend client IEP meetings, DOE mediation, Core Evaluation, disciplinary and school placement meetings as needed
- act as a liaison between the client’s assigned LEA, school systems, group care placements, families and the Department of Children and Families
- monitor clients’ IEPs, ensure services are provided in accordance with state and federal special education laws and obtain cost share agreements for children going into residential education treatment
- work together with the Department of Education to determine for each client’s assigned programmatic and fiscal LEA that their assignments are accurate
- facilitate quarterly educational meetings with families, LEAs, DCF and all collaterals
- provide education and information to families and DCF staff members about the laws and regulations governing special education services in Massachusetts in order to empower families to advocate on behalf of their children
- collaborate regularly with DCF staff members, managers, and outside collaterals
- initiate collaboration with Family Networks Coordinators regarding education issues on shared cases
- help ensure families are receiving culturally competent services
- be on weekly rotation for emergency placement coverage (“duty day”)
- attend DCF office staff meetings and Family Networks team meetings
- Other duties as needed, including but not limited to, carrying a caseload of service coordination cases
Schedule: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. with one day each week required on-site; most meetings and trainings are being held virtually; however, physical attendance at meetings may be requested on occasion
Why You'll Love Riverside
We make a true difference in people’s lives through rewarding work. Most of our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, numerous professional development opportunities, and generous time off - all in a respectful and inclusive environment, perhaps why Forbes named Riverside a best-in-state employer.
- Comprehensive, high-quality health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Flexible Spending Accounts – both medical and dependent care
- Eleven paid holidays
- Separate accruals for vacation (increases with tenure), personal, and sick time
- Tax-deferred 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Employee Assistance Plan / Travel Assistance Plan
- Employee bonus for referrals resulting in hiring
- Discounts to movie theaters, sporting, and entertainment events
- Employee YMCA discount: 10% off a YMCA monthly membership and 50% off the joiner’s fee
Learn more about our benefits and culture:
Hear what employees think about working for Riverside!
- Understanding of the child welfare system
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to facilitate multi-disciplinary educational teams
- Strong organizational and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience with and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of minority populations
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle
- Masters Degree in Education, Social Work or other related discipline preferred; Bachelors degree with 2-4 years experience required
- At least 1-3 years experience working with local educational systems, residential treatment and special education regulations
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to respect, integrity and engagement of all individuals. We are committed to building an inclusive and culturally competent organization and we value the richness of having a diverse applicant pool. As an employer committed to equal opportunity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.