Would you like to represent Riverside Community Care as a Family Networks Service Coordinator on a multi-disciplinary team within the Department of Children and Families?
This is a Riverside Community Care position however, you will be stationed at the local DCF office in Burlington.
This is a valuable position that works closely with DCF and families to identify, secure and monitor services for children and families.
The Service Coordinator will:
- Coordinate services for families involved with DCF
- Identify and monitor foster/group-home placements throughout Massachusetts for youth in DCF custody
- Be the liaison with DCF workers and managers and outside collaterals
- Chair intervention planning meetings and utilization review meetings involving families, DCF workers, DCF managers, and network providers
- Help to develop and ensure a strengths-based and culturally competent provision of services
- Maintain all administrative documentation required for the program
Schedule: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (40 hours per week); hybrid with minimum 1 day in the office each week; requires flexibility to work after 5 p.m. on scheduled "duty" days
Why You'll Love Riverside
We make a true difference in people’s lives through rewarding work. Most of our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, numerous professional development opportunities, and generous time off - all in a respectful and inclusive environment, perhaps why Forbes named Riverside a best-in-state employer.
- Comprehensive, high-quality health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Flexible Spending Accounts – both medical and dependent care
- Eleven paid holidays
- Separate accruals for vacation (increases with tenure), personal, and sick time
- Tax-deferred 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Employee Assistance Plan / Travel Assistance Plan
- Employee bonus for referrals resulting in hiring
- Discounts to movie theaters, sporting, and entertainment events
- Employee YMCA discount: 10% off a YMCA monthly membership and 50% off the joiner’s fee
Learn more about our benefits and culture:
Hear what employees think about working for Riverside!
- Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills required
- Strong organizational skills and creative problem solving skills required
- Computer fluency, including Microsoft Office, required
- Must be able to be mobile in the community (mileage reimbursement offered)
- Valid driver's license and regular access to a reliable vehicle required
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years relevant experience or MSW or a graduate degree from a comparable clinical discipline; High School diploma with 5+ years direct service experience in child and family service; Master's Degree strongly preferred
- Experience with home-based clinical services and/or residential services
- Strong clinical, consultative experience
- Experience with and sensitivity to needs and concerns of diverse populations
- Experience with treatment planning and wraparound models
- Understanding of child welfare system
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to respect, integrity and engagement of all individuals. We are committed to building an inclusive and culturally competent organization and we value the richness of having a diverse applicant pool. As an employer committed to equal opportunity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.