Fenway Health is seeking a Major Gifts Officer to join our team of mission-driven, passionate fundraisers. As a Major Gifts Officer, you will serve as a Face of Fenway by representing our organization in the community, building relationships, and soliciting gifts from new and existing donors. We are seeking applicants who are passionate about social justice and LGBTQIA+ health and want to use their exceptional relationship building & networking skills to advance Fenway’s mission. This is a remote position with regular in-person attendance required at donor meetings and occasional evening and weekend events in the Greater Boston area.
Please Apply HERE
As a Major Gifts Officer, you will:
- Manage a portfolio of 100+ donors and prospects with the capacity to give 100k+
- Research donors in the portfolio and develop a unique action plan for each, using relationship mapping to enhance the solicitation process.
- Develop and manage multiple campaigns throughout the calendar year. These campaigns should show a balance of roughly 50% renew/50% new contributions.
- Curate the “Fenway Experience” for the donor to maximize their affinity for our work and mission
Fenway Health offers fantastic benefits to those who qualify including:
- A team culture built on collaboration, sharing of expertise, and a passion for advancing LGBTQIA+ health
- Generous paid time off including 3+ weeks of vacation, 9 sick days, 3 personal days and 12 paid holidays per year
- Comprehensive and low-cost health and dental (100% employer contribution) insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Employer contributions towards a 403(b) retirement savings account and profit sharing
- A fully remote, flexible work arrangement including a company-provided laptop and computer hardware. Note: regular in-person attendance is required at donor meetings and occasional evening and weekend events in the Greater Boston area
- Employee wellness program
- Associates degree or equivalent (High School Diploma or GED plus 4 years work experience may substitute educational requirement)
- 3-5 years of experience in fundraising with experience soliciting gifts
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and others
- Ability to coordinate and direct multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work occasional long hours based on departmental needs, including some evenings and weekends
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with colleagues, patients, clients and vendors across the spectrum of diversity, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, national origin and immigrant status, religious or spiritual identity, disability (physical, mental, emotional and developmental), veteran status, and/or limited English proficiency.
- Willingness to contribute towards Fenway’s efforts in becoming an anti-racist organization and promoting a culture dedicated to ongoing development in service of humility, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging, where differences are acknowledged and valued.
- Experience working with volunteers
- Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Sit at a computer station for extended periods of time
- Ability to keyboard for extended periods of time
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 12 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more. LGBTQIA+ identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), and individuals from other historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Highly experienced individuals may be compensated at a higher rate.
Internal ID: DEV-23-FT-5