Boomerangs, an award-winning family of thrift stores operated by the AIDS Action Committee, is seeking a full-time Key Holder to join the team in our busy thrift store located in Jamaica Plain. Under the supervision of the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager, the Key Holder is responsible for opening and closing the store and acting as manager on duty when a store manager is away.
As a Key Holder at Boomerangs you will:
- Prepare the store for opening including counting cash tills, checking voicemail, and directing other employees in opening cleaning duties.
- Prepare the store for closing, including notifying customers of closing time, directing employees in cleaning duties, counting the registers, completing closing paper work and securing the cash tills and cash deposit in the safe.
- Act as manager on duty if there is no manager or assistant manager present. This includes directing other employees, maintaining a safe and clean store, and assisting customers. When acting as manager, a key holder is not expected to handle every difficult issue that arises, but is expected to contact the appropriate people for help and properly document any incidents.
- Assist in training new employees and acts as a supervisor for department associates
- Provide exceptional customer service and alerts supervisors to any customer issues
- Help with cleaning tasks to maintain a neat, safe work environment
- Assist with pricing, stocking, merchandising and organizing the sales floor
- Propose new merchandising, organization, and sales strategies to management
- Remain familiar with and follows store policies and procedures as well as general company policies.Engages in loss prevention duties as needed, in accordance with training from Store ManagerPerform related duties and projects as assigned
At Boomerangs, we offer AMAZING benefits, including:
- A store culture built on teamwork, diversity & inclusion, a passion for thrift, and FUN!
- Generous paid time off including holiday pay and vacation and sick days.
- Comprehensive and affordable health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Employer contributions towards a 403(b) retirement savings account + profit sharing after 1 year
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $3000 per year, after one year of service.
- Employee wellness program
- Pre-tax health savings and transportation options
- 30-50% employee discount at all Boomerangs locations and other corporate discounts for auto/home/pet insurance, local gyms, restaurants, and more!
For more information about Boomerangs please visit our website: https://shopboomerangs.org/
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to act as manager on duty if manager is not available
- Ability to work independently on tasks as needed and manage time effectively
- Ability to exhibit courteous behavior on and off site while working and maintain a positive relationship with all staff and management regardless of rank
- Ability to monitor benchmarks, shift priorities, and direct others to meet daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- Knowledge of current retailers, both discount and high end, preferred
- Friendly, outgoing demeanor and positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate in English. Additional languages a plus
- Flexible availability, including occasional weekends and holidays
- Basic knowledge of HIV/AIDS and sensitivity to issues surrounding the HIV/AIDS epidemic
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with colleagues, patients, clients and vendors across the spectrum of diversity, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, national origin and immigrant status, religious or spiritual identity, disability (physical, mental, emotional and developmental), veteran status, and/or limited English proficiency.
- Willingness to contribute towards Fenway’s efforts in becoming an anti-racist organization and promoting a culture dedicated to ongoing development in service of humility, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging, where differences are acknowledged and valued.
LGBTQIA+ identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), and individuals from other historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.