Reporting to the Director of Data Analytics, the Data Analyst I accurately provides data management support, data analyses, and data visualizations to internal and external stakeholders.
Queries, analyzes, visualizes, and interprets data and serves as a content expert on existing data sources and data reporting tools
- Integrates, extracts, and manipulates data from disparate internal and external data sources including the electronic medical record (Epic) and other organizational data systems using a variety of data management and analysis tools (i.e. SQL, Excel, Reporting Workbench, SlicerDicer, Microsoft Access, Tableau)
- Queries and works with large data sets to produce clear and concise reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Translates complex analysis into readable reports and dashboards that effectively communicate performance to leaders and stakeholders
- Builds, delivers, maintains, and improves analytics solutions iteratively with stakeholder feedback
- Prepares and provides accurate data to internal and external customers in a timely manner and according to established guidelines, best practices, program protocols and deadlines
- Approaches data analysis and visualization from a Health Equity lens by incorporating findings related to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, primary language, socioeconomic status, disability, age, and other social determinants of health
- Develops and manages end-user reporting tools and report distribution to ensure timely availability of standard, ad hoc, and self-serve reporting with appropriate security and safeguards to protect PHI
Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders on data requests and reporting requirements
- Serves as a critical link between the data team and stakeholders to help with their understanding what data are available to meet their data needs
- Maintains a functional understanding of organizational priorities and perspectives on data management issues, strategic initiatives, and reporting deliverables
- Works in partnership with business leaders and stakeholders to scope and conduct analyses that help the organization understand and monitor performance, break down key drivers, and identify new opportunities
Maintains standardized procedures for data querying, analysis, visualization, and presentations
- Establishes credibility and trust in data integrity and accuracy across internal and external stakeholders Creates standard operating procedures and documentation of processes for extracting data from existing databases and preparing data for analysis
- Provides formal written documentation of the dataset construction process, including inclusion and exclusion criteria and key definitions of data elements
- Manages technical issues related to data reports that require resolution and communicate with stakeholders regarding these updates.
Performs other duties as required
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Certifications in Epic Cogito, Clarity, and/or Caboodle or ability to become certified within three months of the hire date
- Strong computer and quantitative skills
- Experience in relational databases, SQL, and/or Epic Cogito
- Previous experience working with a wide range of interpretive analysis tools (e.g. trend analysis, spreadsheets, comparisons, graphs, summary versus detail charts)
- Demonstrated strong written, organizational and verbal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work in a team environment
- Accurate and detail-oriented and shows commitment to and performs consistently high quality work
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with colleagues, patients, clients and vendors across the spectrum of diversity, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, national origin and immigrant status, religious or spiritual identity, disability (physical, mental, emotional and developmental), veteran status, and/or limited English proficiency.
- Willingness to contribute towards Fenway’s efforts in becoming an anti-racist organization and promoting a culture dedicated to ongoing development in service of humility, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging, where differences are acknowledged and valued.
- Education in related field, such as informatics, public health, or healthcare desirable
- One to two years’ experience in a health care setting
- Experience working with an Electronic Medical record (EMR) systems
- Tableau experience
- Previous experience (professional or lived) in Health Equity, Antiracism, LGBTIA+ issues, and/or HIV/AIDS
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 12 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more. LGBTQIA+ identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), and individuals from other historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Highly experienced individuals may be compensated at a higher rate.