Under the supervision of the Manager of Integrated Navigation Services, the Client Intake Specialist conducts low-threshold intake assessments to determine individual client needs and refers clients to services across agency locations and to external service providers.
Facilitate access to resources that will assist clients in optimizing health outcomes and moving towards self-sufficiency, through comprehensive intake and referrals to internal and external programs and services:
- Provide information and referrals to individuals seeking multiple services by receiving and responding to them in a timely, sensitive manner.
- Conduct low-threshold client-centered, trauma-informed intake assessments to determine individual client needs and barriers to service delivery and health care access while being accessible to walk-in clients.
- Answer questions about the service delivery system, including services offered at AAC and Fenway Health locations where appropriate.
- Make appropriate internal referrals to programs/services across all AAC and Fenway Health locations for medical, behavioral health, housing search, financial assistance, substance use, sexual health, and legal services.
- Reconnect clients with supportive services and case management received at external programs while providing guidance in the referral process to AAC and Fenway services.
- Develop and maintain a wide-ranging resource network for people living with or at risk of contracting HIV, Hepatitis C, and STIs.
- Provide linkage with existing service programs to maximize access to services, targeting individuals living with HIV who are not connected or sub-optimally engaged in HIV care and treatment, those who are homeless, substance users, recent immigrants, and people of color.
- Maintain timely and accurate paper and electronic record of all services requested and referrals made.
- Collaborate with front desk staff to direct clients to their assigned advocates and programs.
Provide back-up coverage to the reception area at the Amory Street location
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients, visitors and callers by answering calls and greeting visitors in a friendly and professional manner
- Ensure that clients and visitors are connected with the appropriate staff member who can best meet their needs;
- Inform staff, clients, and visitors of daily site activities, meetings, etc.;
- Maintain reception area to ensure that it is free of clutter and stocked with relevant resources and safer sex and drug use supplies.
Other related duties as required
- Bachelor's degree or two years of human services experience
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Outlook, as well as electronic databases.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with colleagues, patients, clients and vendors across the spectrum of diversity, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, national origin and immigrant status, religious or spiritual identity, disability (physical, mental, emotional and developmental), veteran status, and/or limited English proficiency.
- Willingness to contribute towards Fenway’s efforts in becoming an anti-racist organization and promoting a culture dedicated to ongoing development in service of humility, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging, where differences are acknowledged and valued.
- Bilingual in Haitian Creole or Spanish.
- Medical and systems navigation experience
- Experience with HIV services; understanding of HIV care, treatment, and prevention.
- Experience and comfort in issues related to substance use, harm reduction, homelessness, mental health, and/or bilingual/bicultural and GLBT communities.
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 12 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more.LGBTQIA+ identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), and individuals from other historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Highly experienced individuals may be compensated at a higher rate