The Fenway Health Pharmacy is seeking a full-time Pharmacy Technician to join our diverse and patient-centered Pharmacy Team located in the South End. Our retail pharmacy is located within our health center, allowing our pharmacy and medical teams to seamlessly coordinate care and ensure our patients receive the best services. As a Pharmacy Technician, you will be a critical piece of advancing Fenway's mission to deliver innovative, equitable, and accessible health care to our patients.
As a Pharmacy Technician at Fenway Health, you will:
- Prepare prescriptions for dispensing including
- Accept medication refill requests from patients
- Order and receive drug inventory while monitoring inventory levels and ensuring adequate supply
- Interacts with patients, providers, and coworkers in a patient and professional manner
- Performs administrative duties related to prescription processing, including preparing claims statements and reconciliations, checking supplies, and maintaining files.
- Perform related duties as required
At Fenway Health, we offer fantastic benefits including:
- Generous paid time off including 3+ weeks of vacation, 12 sick days, and 12 paid holidays per year
- Comprehensive and low-cost health and dental (100% employer contribution) insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- License & certification fee reimbursement
- Opportunities for training and advancement in your pharmacy career, including career growth and tuition reimbursement
- Employer contributions towards a 403(b) retirement savings account and profit sharing
- Employee wellness program
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Massachusetts registration and national certification as a Pharmacy Technician
- At least one year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a retail setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong interest in patient adherence
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Experience working with a diverse work staff and patient population
- Able to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with colleagues, patients, clients and vendors across the spectrum of diversity, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, national origin and immigrant status, religious or spiritual identity, disability (physical, mental, emotional and developmental), veteran status, and/or limited English proficiency.
- Willingness to contribute towards Fenway’s efforts in becoming an anti-racist organization and promoting a culture dedicated to ongoing development in service of humility, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging, where differences are acknowledged and valued.
Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Sit at a computer station or stand at a counter for extended periods of time
- Ability to keyboard for extended periods of time
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 12 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more. LGBTQIA+ identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), and individuals from other historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply
Highly experienced individuals may be compensated at a higher rate.