Exciting opportunity for an Outreach/Therapeutic Mentor to join Riverside Community Care!
The Outreach/Therapeutic Mentor provides safe, therapeutic, skill-based interventions and activities for youth and families, within the home and community, to help improve social, emotional, and family functioning.
The Outreach/Therapeutic Mentor:
- provides structured, one to one, strength based support services with youth for purpose of addressing daily living, coaching, and training around age appropriate behaviors, interpersonal communication problem solving and conflict resolution and relating appropriately to other children and adults
- plans and provides supportive, safe activities of varying type and functional level in response to identified needs of youth and families in the program
- assumes primary responsibility for planning and implementation of youth support/ mentoring services for assigned cases in collaboration and direct line of treatment team and goals
- closely coordinates outreach and support activities with assigned clinicians working with the youth and families involved
- works in close collaboration and under the Master's Level IHT Clinician to support implementation of treatment plan to assist the youth and family in achieving agreed upon goals
- assists the clinician in implementing the therapeutic objectives designed to address the youths mental health, behavioral and emotional needs
- directs and assists youth to understand, direct, interpret, manage, and control feelings and emotional responses to situation and to assist the family to address the youth emotional and mental health needs
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Why You'll Love Riverside
We make a true difference in people’s lives through rewarding work. Most of our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, numerous professional development opportunities, and generous time off - all in a respectful and inclusive environment, perhaps why Forbes named Riverside a best-in-state employer.
- Comprehensive, high-quality health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Flexible Spending Accounts – both medical and dependent care
- Eleven paid holidays
- Separate accruals for vacation (increases with tenure), personal, and sick time
- Tax-deferred 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Employee Assistance Plan / Travel Assistance Plan
- Employee bonus for referrals resulting in hiring
- Discounts to movie theaters, sporting, and entertainment events
- Employee YMCA discount: 10% off a YMCA monthly membership and 50% off the joiner’s fee
Learn more about our benefits and culture:
Hear what employees think about working for Riverside!
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and car
- Bachelor's Degree in mental health related discipline preferred
- (1) year experience working with youth or, Associate Degree in Human Services field
- and one (1) year experience working with youth or, High School Diploma or GED and minimum of two (2) years of experience working with youth.
- Six months to a year experience working with children and/or adolescents with emotional difficulties and their families.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Portuguese, Nepali, Haitian Creole or ASL preferred
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to respect, integrity and engagement of all individuals. We are committed to building an inclusive and culturally competent organization and we value the richness of having a diverse applicant pool. As an employer committed to equal opportunity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.